Archive for the ‘Cygwin’ Category
When trying to build LWP::Protocol::https to add https support to libwww the tests fail with:-
LWP::Protocol::https::Socket: socket: Address family not supported by protocol at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 51
After some investigation it turns out there’s nothing wrong with LWP::Protocol::https but IO::Socket::INET6 was broken and trying to interpret
This was encountered under cygwin on Windows in case this is a key factor.
The following instructions will enable you to build DBD::mysql under Cygwin using mysql 5.5 sources.
1. First download the latest mysql source from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/
2. Expand the source and change into the directory e.g. tar -xzf mysql-5.5.21.tar.gz; cd mysql-5.5.21
3. Prepare the Makefiles using cmake, we need to disable shared libs to avoid having to mess with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
cmake . -DCMAKE_LEGACY_CYGWIN_WIN32=0 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DDISABLE_SHARED=1
4. Build the client and libs:
make mysqlclient libmysql
4.1. If the build errors with duplicate definition for dtoa, then you can fix it by commenting out the cygwin definition in: /usr/include/stdlib.h (dont forget to remove the comment when done)
5. Install mysql components
sh -c 'for dir in client libmysql scripts include; do cd $dir; make install; cd -; done'
6. Build and install DBD::mysql via CPAN, if you don’t have a running mysql instance you may need to “force” install
perl -MCPAN -e shell cpan> install DBD::mysql